Who is MAP?
At Master Athletic Performance, we use an approach backed by science and proven in the real world to provide you with your roadMAP to success. With over 20 years of experience in the trenches, Paul and Andrew will work alongside you to develop a plan that fits your needs. The best program will be the one you can follow and MAP is committed to finding the best route to get you to your destination.
Paul is a stay at home dog dad and holds Master of Science Degrees in both Exercise Science and Sports Management and is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Certified Exercise Physiologist and Certified Olympic Weightlifting Coach with 14 years’ experience as a Strength and Conditioning Coach in varying capacities from youth to professional athletics. He is also the Co-Founder of 1-Life Inc. and the MetriLife app – A mobile app that helps you live healthier, live happier and live stronger. As a competitive powerlifter, his best lifts in competition are an 805lbs Squat, 430lbs Bench Press, a 725lbs Deadlift and a 1960lbs total.
- Master Athletic Performance, Coach (2014-Present)
- 1-Life Inc., - Co-Founder (2015-Present)
- Queen's University - Head Strength and Conditioning Coach (2014)
- University of Tampa - Associate Director of Strength and Conditioning (2013)
- Robert Morris University - Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach (2011-2013)
- University of South Florida - Intern Strength and Conditioning Coach (2010-2011)
- M.S. Exercise Science, University of South Florida (2013)
- M.S. Organizational Leadership – Sports Management, Robert Morris University (2013)
- BSc. Hon Human Kinetics, University of Ottawa (2009)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach – National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Sports Performance Coach – United States Weightlifting
- Certified Exercise Physiologist –Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology
- CPR-C/ AED –American Red Cross
Andrew has been working in the fitness industry for 17 years. His first job as a teen was working the register at a supplement shop and started training people full time 13 years ago while attending CSULB for his B.S. in Exercise Science. As a competitive powerlifter his best lifts are 666lbs, 391lbs, and 627lbs in the squat, bench press, and deadlift respectively. The bulk of his personal training experience lies in solving muscular imbalances and movement issues for the general population and ageing adult. He has an extensive professional network of accomplished coaches and physical therapists that he consults with regularly to ensure his clients are receiving cutting edge information and lasting results.
- B.S. Exercise Science California State University Long Beach
- Postural Restoration – Respiration, Myokinematics
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization – Levels 1 and 2
- Functional Range Conditioning (FRCms)
- Functional Range Release (Lower limb, Upper limb, Spine)
- Functional Range Assessment
- Master Athletic Performance, Coach (2020-Present)
- Self Employed Personal Trainer (2016 – Present)
- Personal Trainer Bay Club El Segundo (2012 – 2016)
- Research Assistant University of Auckland (2013 - 2014)
- Sport Performance Coach Velocity Sports Performance (2010 – 2012)
- Physical Therapy Aide SHARP Treatment Center (2008 – 2010)